POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Re: Is this a bug? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug?
Date: 19 Jun 2002 10:37:24
Message: <2151hu4iabm314mvp8sb0bi1i3inn3ghdq@4ax.com>
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:59:42 -0400, "Scott Wasson" <swa### [at] townispcom>
wrote:
> Thanks, but SDL ignores whitespace.
> Has anyone tried my example and reproduced the problem?

Yes, I tried it but I still think it could be feature.
Consider such example

//START
  #macro fooTexture()
    texture { pigment { rgb y } }
    #if (Condition)
      #declare TMP=texture{ pigment{ rgb x } }
    #end
    texture{ pigment { rgb z } }
  #end
  #declare foo_texture = fooTexture()
//END

Tell me (without parsing) what should be last line of the macro - second leyer
of the first texture or second leyer of texture TMP ? Perhaps to avoid such
cases parser forbids any # which can leads to such situation. As Warp said You
in beta-test group SDL could be changed in this part and it is one of our
wishes for 4. Similiar limitation appear in case of such simple script:

//START
  #if(#if(yes)yes#end)#end
//END

ABX